Addis Ababa, Ethiopia P. O. Box 3243 Tel; 5517 700 Fax: 5511299
DIRECTORATE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION
Commemoration of the Day of the African Child 2012
Theme :"The Rights of Children with Disabilities: The Duty to Protect, Respect, Promote and Fulfil"
INVITATION TO REPRESENTATIVES OF THE MEDIA
14-15 June 2012
New African Union Conference Center (AUCC), AU Headquarters, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organized by The Chachi International and Wings Education and Media in collaboration with the Department of Social Affairs of the African Union.
· The aim of the program is to bring together children from different African countries (mainly children with disabilities), parents, teachers, international agencies, member states and civil society organizations to discuss the theme.
· To present an opportunity for the AUC to participate in awareness raising on the rights, capabilities and potential of children with disabilities, and to draw attention to the situation of children with disabilities who are particularly vulnerable to marginalization and /or violence
Invited guests :
- High level officials of the African Union Commission
- Country Directors of International NGOs and invited staff of NGOs
- Ministers of the Ethiopia Government
- The media