Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Steven Monjeza regrets being pardoned by President Bingu wa Mutharika

Pardoned gay, Steven Monjeza, has for the first time come out in the open to declare that he 'regrets being pardoned by the State President, Ngwazi Professor Bingu wa Mutharika'.
Monjeza was speaking to Zachimalawi in an exclusive interview before entering the Chilangoma First Grade Magistrate Court o answer to charges of theft and burglary.
Monjeza said he has always had the impulse to steal, "even when I have everything I need", a "longtime problem" he blamed for his latest scratch with the Penal Code.
"I regret being pardoned by the State President, Professor Bingu wa Mutharika. I say this because, by doing what I did (stealing a cellphone and charger), I have behaved in a way that seems to mock his good intentions. I regret doing this," said Monjeza.
He said, upon reflecting on whatever he has done after being pardoned by he African Union chairperson, he finds that he would have benefited more had he remained in prison.
"I would not have stolen, he way I have done. Again, I would have enjoyed the support of many well-wishers because ours (being convicted for unnatural sex) was a human rights issue. My fear, now, is that nobody will help me and I may starve in prison," said Monjeza.
Monjeza has been convicted by the Chilangoma First Grade Magistrate Court on two counts of theft and burglary.
He stole a phone belonging to a friend, Tony Chirwa, along with its charger.

No comments: