Sunday, May 25, 2014

Words of a Confused President

...Joyce Banda's unconstitutional proclamation on Saturday, May 24, 2014

STATEMENT BY HER EXCELLENCY DR JOYCE BANDA STATE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF MALAWI ON THE STATUS OF ELECTIONS AT KAMUZU PALACE, LILONGWE ON SATURDAY, 24TH MAY 2014


This morning, I have made a Presidential Proclamation to nullify the on-going electoral process and directed that fresh Tripartite Elections should be held within 90 days.


I wish to announce further that I will not participate as a Presidential Candidate in the forthcoming Presidential Elections.


I have done this to allow that Malawians are given an opportunity to freely and fairly express their will in choosing their leaders in a free, fair, transparent and credible manner.


I thank you.

No comments: