Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Former president Joyce Banda wants Malawi to declare false Coronavirus statistics!

Here are her words, verbatim. She seems not happy that Malawi has no case of Covid-19.

She seems to have set her eyes on the money that highly affected African countries are set to receive.

Joyce Banda's words:
My fellow Malawians I am saddened to see that Malawi is missing from the list of countries that can benefit from this fund during this time.  I request government to be proactive and stop politicizing this pandemic.  

In the past week I was interviewed by MIJ Radio Station expressing my opinion about our situation as a nation during this time of the coronavirus pandemic.  In that interview I expressed my concern at our apparent lack of preparedness or lack of access to accurate information about our preparedness from government. Other countries in the region provide frequent briefings so that the nation knows what is happening in their countries.  As for Kenya the Minister of Health briefs the nation on daily basis.  The written briefs we see each day are not good enough as more than half of our people have no access to this information.  

I have been following the information being provided by other Governments to their people and I feel very sad because:

1.  The global community cannot assist us when we are hiding our statistics and our challenges to fight the pandemic.

2.  When there is apparent politicization of this fight and apparent lack of political will to confront this pandemic as a united front regardless of our political and religious affiliations.


May God Bless You All!

No comments: